Born in Oshiri community of Onicha Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, Nigeria. He started his early education at Ugwu Community School before proceeding to Izzi High School in Abakaliki for his secondary education. He obtained his WASC in 1981. He obtained B.Sc Microbiology from the University of Lagos Nigeria in 1989, Master of Science (M.Sc) in Immunology from Ebonyi State University in 2005 , Doctorate degree (P.hD) in Medical Microbiology from the same University in 2009. He also has a professional qualification in Medical Laboratory Science and licensed by Medical Laboratory Science Council on Nigeria.
He is a member of several professional bodies including Medical Laboratory Science of Nigeria, European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Disease, Clinical Immunology Society and American Society of Microbiology.
- Dr. Moses Alo is involved in the following areas of research: Infectious disease, Chemotherapy, Immunology, HIV/AIDS, Public Health, Modern diagnostic techniques in Microbiology and Epidemiology.
- Head of Department of Biology/Microbiology/Biotechnology 2015-2016
- Examination Oficer, Dept of Biology/Microbiology/Biotech 2012-2015
- Rep. Faculty of Science in Funai Senate
- Chaiman, Faculty of Science Research Committee FUNAI
- Chairman, Committee on Research Ethics FUNAI
- Head of Department of Medical Laboratory Science, Ebonyi State University, 2007-2011. Chairman, Faculty of Health Science Strategic Planning Committee.