2019/2020 POSTGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE
ADVERT FOR THE 2019/2020 POSTGRADUATE ADMISSIONS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admissions into the postgraduate programmes of Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State, Leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas and Master’s and Doctorate Degrees in various areas of specialization indicated below, according to Department/Faculties for 2019/2020 academic session:
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
Department of Physiology:
M.Sc. and Ph.D. Programmes
Department of Anatomy:
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
Department of Mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics/Informatics:
PGD, M.Sc. AND Ph.D. Programmes
- Computer Science
Department of Physics/Geology/Geophysics:
- Geophysical Instrumentation
- Engineering Geology
- Mineral Exploration
- Petroleum Geology
- Engineering Geology
- Petroleum Geology
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Department of Accountancy/Business Administration/Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
Department of Economics and Development Studies
- Economics and Development Studies
Department of Sociology /Psychology/Criminology and Security Studies
- Sociology (Criminology and Security Studies)
Department of Political Science
- Political Science
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
- Candidates for admission into any postgraduate programme of Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State must have obtained at least five (5) credits at not more than two sittings in WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB including English language. In addition, candidates seeking admission into the Faculties of Science; Basic Medical Sciences; and Management and Social Sciences must have a credit pass in Mathematics. Candidates shall also possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the postgraduate programmes in their respective Departments.
- Graduates of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who also possess the above qualifications are eligible to apply.
SPECIFIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) PROGRAMMES
- Graduates of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained a Bachelor Degree with at least a Third Class Honours.
- Holders of HND at Upper or Lower Credit level passes or its equivalent areas.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the ones mentioned above which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University, may also be considered for admission.
MASTERS’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Graduates of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained the Bachelor’s Degree in relevant disciplines with at least a Second class lower division.
- Candidates with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State or other Universities recognized by the University Senate with at least credit level passes with minimum of 3.5 CGPA on 5-point scale or 3.0 on 4-point scale.
- Candidates whose First Degrees are unclassified but have at least 60% average score (B level).
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D.) DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Candidates from Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained Master’s Degree that is appropriate for the proposed field/s of study shall qualify for Doctorate Degree admission.
- Candidates must possess minimum of 4.0 CGPA on a 5-point scale or 3.2 on a 4-point scale in their Master’s Degrees. Candidates who possess at least a B level (60%) average score) at Master’s Degree provided that research work formed part of the Master’s Degree programme shall also qualify for Doctorate Degree admission.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
(a) Postgraduate Diploma
(Full-Time) – Two Semesters (Minimum)
(Part-Time) – Three Semesters (Minimum)
(b) Master’s Degree
(Full-Time) – Three Semesters (Minimum)
(Part-Time) – Five Semesters (Minimum)
(c) Doctorate Degree (Ph.D.)
(Full-Time) – Six Semesters (Minimum)
(Part-Time) – Eight Semesters (Minimum)
Successful candidates are expected to register their postgraduate courses immediately after they are offered admission at the commencement of session.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
On payment of non-refundable Application form fee of fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) only, made payable to “Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State” at any Commercial Bank within the Country using the Remita platform, candidates can download and complete the online Application Form by logging on to AE-FUNAI PG Portal
Process Flow for 2019/2020 Post Graduate Application
- Visit the University website www.funai.edu.ng and click on PG School Menu.
- Enter your Mobile Number. We will also use this mobile number to contact you regarding your application.
- Click on submit button and then complete the Invoice Registration form.
- Print the Invoice Slip and make payment in bank or pay online with your debit card.
- Return to the Portal and complete the application form.
- Fill in your correct referees details such as email for online reference confirmation.
SUBMISSION OF REFEREE REPORTS
Candidates should also download the online Referee report forms and submit to their Referees (three Referees) one of who should be their former Head of Department. The Referee report forms after being filled-in by the Referees should be received back in sealed envelopes (addressed to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State) by the candidates and enclosed alongside other documents in the application package. Kindly note that applications are not complete and would not be processed unless the Referee reports are available.
FORWARDING OF ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS
Candidates should download academic transcript request slips provided online, and submit same to their Universities/Institutions requesting them to forward a copy of their last academic transcripts to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State”, attaching the transcript request slip. This must reach him/her not later than one week from the deadline for sale of Application forms. Candidates, whose transcripts are not received after the stipulated time by the School, would not have their application forms processed.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Completed Application forms with the relevant documents should be posted or delivered in an envelope marked “PG Admission” to the undersigned. The following documents are required to be enclosed with Application Forms/Referee reports in a file jacket and then placed in a 10” x 15” size brown envelope before submission;
- NYSC certificate (Discharge or Exemption or Exclusion certificate)
- All educational credentials
- G.A. letter of identification
- Birth certificate
- Evidence of payment of Application form fee
Submissions should be addressed to:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike,
PMB 1010, Abakaliki,
Sale of online Application Forms will close two months from the date of publication of this advert i.e. 2nd October to midnight, 30th November, 2019.
All applicants shall undergo computer based postgraduate admission screening test and those seeking admission for Ph.D. will in addition to scoring 50% in the CBT, be invited for Oral examination, date of which will be communicated to all applicants via sms.
ODISA C. OKEKE (MRS)