ADMISSION INTO POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the under-listed programmes (full-time, part-time and weekend) in the School of Postgraduate Studies, Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo (FUNAI) for the 2017/2018 academic session.
- Faculty of Science
PGD, M.Sc. and PhD in:
- Computer Science
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
M.Sc. and PhD in Physiology
- Faculty of Management and Social Sciences
Postgraduate Diploma in:
- Business Administration
- Criminology and Security Studies
To be eligible for admission into a postgraduate programme in FUNAI, all candidates must possess a minimum of credit pass in O’ level English Language. In addition, candidates seeking admission into the Faculties of Science, Basic Medical Sciences and Management and Social Sciences must have a minimum of a credit pass in Mathematics
All prospective applicants must possess at least 5 O’ level Credit passes at not more than 2 sittings from WAEC, GCE, NECO or TC II. Any candidate who does not satisfy the O’ level requirements for the courses of choice shall not be considered for admission.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
To qualify for admission into the PGD programme, candidates must:
- hold a bachelor’s degree from the Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo or equivalent institutions recognized by Senate,
- hold a Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized institution, passed at upper credit in a related discipline, or
- hold a third class degree from the Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo or from an equivalent institution recognized by Senate, with a CPGA not below 2 on a 5-point scale, or
- hold a Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized institution, passed at lower credit level in a related discipline.
- Masters’ Degree (M.Sc.)
To qualify for admission into the Master’s Degree (M.Sc.) programme, candidates must:
- be graduates of the Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo or equivalent institutions recognized by Senate, who hold a Second Class (Hons.), Upper Division degree in relevant disciplines.
- hold the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) of the Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo or PGD from equivalent institutions recognized by Senate with a CPGA of not less than 4.0 on a 5-point scale.
- Doctor of Philosophy Degree (Ph.D)
To be eligible for admission into the Doctor of Philosophy degree (PhD) programme, candidates must:
- hold a Master’s degree in the appropriate field of study from any University recognized by Senate of the Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo
- have obtained a CPGA of not less than 3.5 on a 5-point scale
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates who meet the requirements outlined above should obtain application forms from the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, NEEDS Assessment Building, FUNAI, after the payment of an application fee of N15, 000 through Remita and obtaining RRR number. Payment should be made in favour of Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo at any bank.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Completed application forms and photocopy of all relevant credentials should be enclosed in an envelope marked “PG Admission” and returned to:
School of Postgraduate Studies
Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State
- Candidates are also required to provide reports from three referees, one of whom should be their former Head of Department.
- Candidates should request their institutions to forward their academic transcripts in sealed cover to the address above not later than the closing date. Any candidate whose transcript is not received will not be considered for admission.
All completed applications, academic transcripts and referees’ reports must reach the Office of the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies not later than 31st January, 2018 to be considered for the 2017/2018 admission exercise.
Odisa C. Okeke (Mrs)
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.