INTRODUCING GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING CENTRE OF THE FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, IKWO, EBONYI STATE
The Federal University,Ndufu-Alike,Ikwo, Ebonyi State recently introduced and equipped her Campus Guidance and Counseling centre to cater for the needs of her students, Academic, Non-Academic Staff and other members of the university community.
- Such needs include: Personal social concerns such as channels of communication, the university organogram and authority structure, relationship matters, premarital information, etc.
- Academic needs which include courses of study available and their entry requirements, academic programme/calendar for the semester qua session, modalities for possible change of course, continuous assessment modes, examinations and records as well as sanctions for cases of malpractice, available scholarships awards and criteria for securing same/them etc.
- Vocational needs namely entrepreneurial training, marketing trends, product packaging and advertorial as well as changing roles of women vis-à-vis career needs of the female gender, job creation, prospects and wealth creation and distribution.
- Needs of special people which include specially gifted students, students with notable challenges, financially stressed students, etc.
- Academic and non-academic staff needs free flow of information to and from various departments and the centre.
- Immediate university community worthwhile and permissible information about the university from the centre. Note- the centre serves as gateway between the university and the immediate community.
- Foreign students: The centre equally caters in the information need of alien/foreign students, especially those seeking for admission into various courses of study.
The Guidance and Counseling Centre of the University is manned by Nwudu Ngozi.T (Mrs.) Assistant Registrar. Mrs. Nwudu Ngozi has worked as the Unit Head of Male Hostel under Students Affairs Department and a Guidance Counselor and presently the Coordinator of Guidance and Counselling Centre Federal University Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo(FUNAI). She has a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree in Guidance and Counseling/Health Science from Nnamdi Azikwe University Awka Nigeria.
She has finished her Doctorate Programme in the University of Nigeria Nsukka. She is a member of National Union of Teachers (NUT) and a member of Counselling Association of Nigeria (CASON). She is also a member of Nigeria Council of Educational Psychologists of Nigeria.
She worked as the Guidance Counselor at College of Education Nsugbe Enugu State distance programme.
COUNSELING DAYS AND TIME FOR STUDENTS CLICK TO VIEW
FUNAI GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING CENTRE (NOW OPEN)
- Career Decisions and Adjustments
- Educational Issues and the Way Forward
- Personal and Social Concerns
- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Time and Space on Campus
- Special Students
Feel free to visit the centre and interact with the counselor who is your friend and treats your matters as strictly confidential.
Coordinators Phone Number: 08063314899
DSA’s Phone Number: 08027415097
VENUE: Opposite Main Auditorium (Take-off Campus)