FUNAI VC inaugurates Board of College of Medicine
The Vice Chancellor of Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo (FUNAI), Ebonyi State, Prof. Chinedum Nwajiuba, yesterday, inaugurated the Board of College of Medicine of the institution.
The inauguration is an outcome of the recent approval of the University’s MBBS programme by the National Universities Commission. The Commission had visited the University on 3rd November, 2017 where it verified the Resources and assessed the preparedness of the University to kick-start its College of Medicine.
Speaking during the event, the Vice Chancellor noted that this was the first time any University in Nigeria is receiving approval from the National Universities Commission to commence MBBS programme in its first application, adding that the University is committed to running a quality College of Medicine to ensure that the students receive the best education in the field.
Members of the Board include:
- Pro-chancellor – Chairman
- Vice-Chancellor – Member
- Provost of the College – Member
- Deputy Provost of the College – Member
- Chairman of the Teaching Hospital Management Board – Member
- Chief Medical Director of the Teaching Hospital – Member
- All the Faculty Deans of the College – Member
- Nominee of the Council – Member
- Two Nominee of the Senate – Member
- Nominee of Academic Board – Member
- Representative of Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Health, Abuja – Member
- Representative of Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Education, Abuja – Member
- College Secretary – Secretary to the Board
- College Accountant – Member
The inauguration of the University’s College of Medicine Board and the eventual commencement of MBBS Programme in the 2017/2018 academic session is another landmark achievement by the Management as it strives to re-position the institution to make it the most acceptable academic destination for students and academics in Nigeria.